Kit includes 16 Black Nitride coated supertech performance Dished valves in stock size. These will work in 4G63 EVO, Eclipse, Talon
Benefits for Black Nitride Coating includes:
- The micro hardness is higher than the stainless steel base
material, keeping good ductility beneath the hard nitrated layer (micro
hardness is 800hv minimum)
- Surface finish is smoother than with chromed valve stems, having less friction between the stem and guide.
- Valve seat surface is harder with the nitrated layer, lasting
longer with lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro or other "explosive" mixes.
Matches any kind of seats (nodular iron seats, steel powder metal seats,
hard aluminum-copper seats or beryllium copper seats).
- Higher RPM engines take full advantage of all previous
features. The higher the engine speed the bigger the power loss due to
internal engine friction! The black nitride layer reduces this power
loss due to less valve-guide friction.
- The nitrated layer is adhered to the base material at
microscopic level, so it will not "flake" or brake when the valves bend
due to impacts with the pistons.
- The Black Nitride applies to the whole valve while the chrome coating is only applied to the stem.
- All valves are swirl polished, have stem undercut, a hardened tip, and more.