Part # SP3080BLK
The SP Series Cold Air Intake is made for high performance cars, trucks, and SUV’s. it features a larger diameter air intake pipe to meet the airflow demanded by larger engine vehicles.
It's a well known fact that cooler, denser air contains more oxygen, and more oxygen in your engine's air intake charge means better combustion and more power. Hot air contains fewer oxygen molecules, and if your engine is fed hot air there will be less oxygen and therefore less power. Yet that's exactly what your engine gets with the factory air intake system! The solution to this problem is to install an Injen SP Series Cold Air Intake System.
Injen starts the power improvement process by positioning an Injen EA Nanofiber dry air filter behind the front bumper. Here, this free-flowing filter can take in the coolest air possible and funnel it through smooth, mandrel-bent 6061 aluminum alloy tubing. Injen designs and repeatedly tests its systems for each application to make sure they're the least restrictive, all the way to the throttle body. So, instead of power-robbing hot air squeezing through a restrictive air filter and intake duct, your engine is taking in huge quantities of cool air surging through free-flowing tubing. The result is increased horsepower and torque, and improved performance.
But unlike other cold air intake systems, Injen's patented MR (Mega Ram) Technology attains this increased intake airflow and performance while maintaining a safe air/fuel ratio. Injen steps down the diameter of the intake tube where the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor mounts, enabling the sensor to detect airflow within established parameters. The engine control computer can then maintain the proper air/fuel ratio and optimize horsepower and torque. Simply put, MR Technology tunes the intake system to avoid the necessity of recalibrating the MAF sensor, and prevents your engine from running too lean or too rich. With MR Technology, Injen created "The World's First Tuned Intake System", delivering optimum performance with a factory safe air/fuel ratio.
The SP system is carefully engineered, with CNC machined brackets and adapters, to ensure an exact fit. Installation can be accomplished with simple hand tools and everything necessary for installation is supplied, including comprehensive instructions. The SP Series Cold Air Intake System is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Delivers more oxygen to the combustion chamber by drawing in cooler air
- Uses the patented MR Technology tuning process to ensure the air/fuel ratio is within optimum limits
- Custom designed and engineered to deliver maximum power for each specific vehicle
- Improves acceleration and fuel economy
- Every system includes the EA Nanofiber dry air filter
- Air intake pipe constructed of mandrel-bent 6061 aluminum for smooth airflow
- Comes complete with all necessary mounting hardware and comprehensive installation instructions
- Street legal in most States
- Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Proudly manufactured in the USA